- New generation of SMART Series products by PEParab.
- Applicable for small and medium to high performance controls.
- Designed based on the combination of technologies such as computers, controls, communication, and signal processing together with the vast in-field project experience and knowledge in automation and control implementation.
- Versatile is the key features in SMART Series providing customized solutions and application suitable for various industrials.
- It is best suited for logic control, sequence control, process control and transmission control
- The SMART Series consists of the integration of various kinds of modules, such as CPU, Communication, I/O, or Special Function on the backplane forming a complete controller unit.
- The controller itself is modular and the system architecture is expandable.
CPU Module for use with PEP’s
The modular concept of the SMART2 system allows configuration flexibility through the use of a selection of plug-in modules.The CPU, equipped with either 512 kBytes DRAM or 1.5 MBytes DRAM, must exist in a SMART2 system and can be configured with one of the plug-in fieldbus modules.
OEM customers may wish to take advantage of the open-specification of the CPU for custom-specific projects.
|SM2-CPU-512||: 512 kByte DRAM|
|SM2-CPU-1.5||: 1.5 MByte DRAM|
|FLASH||: 1 MByte|
|EEPROM||: 2 kbit|
|SRAM||: 256 kByte (data retention via Goldcap)|
|RS232||: Modem compatible serial interface (embedded)
Serial interface available on screw-terminal
|SPI/SPC||: Local I/O bus|
|CMI||: Common Memory Interface for fieldbus modules|
|Real-Time Clock||: V3021 with year, month,week, day, hour, min, sec.|
|LEDs||: CPU Error (red)
+5V Power (green permanent)
Bootstrap loader enabled (green flashing)
|Power Cons.||: 650mW (typ.); 1W (max.)|
|Temp. Ranges||: 0ºC to +70ºC
-40ºC to +85ºC (opt. E2)
-55ºC to +85ºC (storage)
|Humidity||: 5% to 95% non-condensing|
- A Controller based on Real-Time Computer Technology
- Distributed Intelligent I/O System
- Programmable with all 5 IEC1131-3 Languages
- Application SW compatible with VME and IUC Systems
- Programmable in ANSI-’C’
- Embedded Real-Time O/S with Multitasking ability
- Reduced Cabling and Maintenance costs
- Standard and Extended Operating Temperature ranges
The Smart 1 concept is based on a cost effective open system for industrial automation and real-time computing.Derived from the PEP VME 3U technology ,SMART 1 is 100% application software compatible with VME9000 and IUC9000 controllers.
|Two isolated (1000V DC) 5V Output Channels
Input 18V-36V DC, 24V DC (Nominal)
Outputs 1 & 2 Isolated 5V DC @ 1.2A (system)
Isolated 5V DC @ 150mA (RS485)
|MC68302 @ 20MHz|
|EPROM and/or FLASH up to 2 MByte
512 kByte DRAM
64 kByte SRAM with battery backup
|Serial RS232 Modem compatible
Isolated RS485 (PROFIBUS) up to 500 kbit/s
SPI/SPC local interface & RTC
Isolated timer I/O with:
Tin (20 kHz),Tout (5 kHz)
Gate (24V DC)
|10ms (100 Hz) IRQ6
24-bit timer IRQ4
Parallel I/O (4 lines) IRQ1
|3V, 190mA button lithium cell (standard temperature)
3V, 850mA cylinder lithium cell (extended – E2 temperature)
|Housing for DIN-rail mounting
3 slots for SMART-Modules on the SMART-BASE
2 slots for each SMART-EXT
RJ45 for RS232 interface
9-pin D-Sub connector for the RS485 (PROFIBUS) interface
|Screw Terminal Connectors|
|Array 2×3 and 2×7
Mating Cycles 100
Contact Resistance <5m.
Operating Voltage <250V
|OS-9 v3.0x real-time kernel (disk-based as standard)
PROFIBUS layer 2 & 7 v.3.12
IEC 1131-3 with ISaGRAF for Windows
|Dimensions (mm) l, w, h|
|SMART-BASE: 247.5 x 114.5 x 86.8
SMART-EXT: 110.0 x 114.5 x 86.6
|Standard: 0؛C to +70؛C
Extended: -40؛C to +85؛C
|Up to 95% non-condensing|
SMART Series has been developed with the requirements of their users in mind and as such has an unprecedented level of modularity integrated in to their design concept. this allows all functional units like CPUs , Fieldbus interfaces or power supply modules to fit exactly to the application requirement without additional costs being passed on to the customer – an expanding palette of plug-in analog , digital and communication modules provide standard sensor interfacing to these SMART Series.
The features provided by the SMART Family help to bring a clear automation structure to any given application with the added consequence of reduced planning, assembly and installation costs. This is fact is the true concept behind the SMART series Family when considering the pre-production of Plant modules each controlled by these SMART Family controller. All Plant module functionality can be programmed and tested prior to final assembly there by allowing separate tasks to be engineered simultaneously that helps to reduce project schedule times